XFSportbrake SVR Rendered - Jaguar XF SportBrake Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

XFSportbrake SVR Rendered

With the growing interest in SVR trims across the Jaguar lineup, an artist has offered their take of a SVR inspired Sportbrake. Iím a big fan of Jaguars latest wagon and this SVR trim ticks all the boxes, aside from those hood stripes. It would likely share a similar powertrain to whatís found in the F-Type SVR, which puts out 576hp and 516lb-ft of torque. Thoughts?

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 12:34 PM

Looks like the most prominent change are the front air intakes, hood vents and decals, quad pipes and that slitter. Not bad and I do prefer the more subtle mods compared to what you usually see at SEMA.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Well the aesthetic changes will likely be fairly minimal, with the biggest improvments occurring under the hood. A +500hp wagon sounds like the perfect sleeper car. Hopefully Jaguar is actually able to deliver similar performance to what's found in the F-Type variant.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 01:54 PM

Doesn't the F-Type Coupe only produce around 300 hp? That's a lot less than the 500 hp you're hoping to see in the XF Sportbrake SVR.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointbrake View Post
Doesn't the F-Type Coupe only produce around 300 hp? That's a lot less than the 500 hp you're hoping to see in the XF Sportbrake SVR.
There's a V8 model that makes as much power as originally mentioned in this thread. Given the fact that Jaguar likes to use the same powertrains over and over again, its likely what they'll use this time again.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

I mean I mentioned the specs of the F-Type model I was referring to. And keep in mind that trim is a $122k, so it would be a bit of a balancing act if Jaguar actually has interest in producing a similar variant for the Sportbrake. This model has already been criticized for being too expensive in comparison to rivals.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 05:07 PM

Its either they create a successor the the Sportbrake or do what Mercedes is doing with the AMG GT 4-Door, or maybe not as extreme and come out with a CLS rival. Going Sportier is promising.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 12:57 PM

I think there would be interest in it, but until we see more interest in wagons, I doubt it's something we'll see anytime soon. And I know its just a rendering but I think they'll have to do more aesthetic tweaks than just throwing stripes on it.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 03:26 PM

The F-Type set some great tone with Jaguar and shown they're still capable of what buyers want. Issue now is bringing that to segments of higher sales volume. Mercedes has done it, BMW will be doing it and it seems that lexus wants to get into the space.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

The Sportbrake delivers on styling and performance, and I think there's a good chance we'll see Jaguar expand upon the Project 8 variant. But to truly be a mass market high volume vehicle, I think they'll have to consider some cheaper entry level options as well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page