LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Which engine you're gonna choose?

What engine would you go for? For now, we have 4 engine options in the US:

2.0L 247HP Turbocharged 4-Cylinder RWD

2.0L 247HP Turbocharged 4-Cylinder AWD

2.0L 180HP 4-Cylinder Diesel/RWD AUTO

2.0L 180HP 4-Cylinder Diesel/AWD AUTO

The 2.0l petrol engine is a new thing for Jaguars. It takes 7.1 seconds to hop from 0 to 62 mph (kph). Unfortunately, manual transmission fans will not be able to drive this car with a stick shift. To do so, you have to flight all the way to the UK and jump in 2.0L 4-Cylinder 160HP (or 177HP) RWD diesel model. The 2.0L 180HP 4-Cylinder Diese is taking 8.8 to go to 62mph.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 12:06 PM

Most likely the 2.0L 247HP Turbocharged 4-Cylinder AWD. Actually surprised Jaguar is offering a diesel option in the States since they're not as popular in personal vehicles compared to Europe. Most of the time I see them in pickups.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Same here. At first, I thought I was on the UK official website lol. I want to see sales graph of these diesel engines, not sure that they'll be somewhere close to the regular ones.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 03:08 PM

Early reviews suggest that the diesel engines are extremely noisy, which will make selling a diesel in the U.S even more difficult. For a car that's seeking to balance performance, subtlety and style, you'd think keeping engine noise to a minimum would've been high up on their list.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whybrake View Post
Early reviews suggest that the diesel engines are extremely noisy, which will make selling a diesel in the U.S even more difficult. For a car that's seeking to balance performance, subtlety and style, you'd think keeping engine noise to a minimum would've been high up on their list.
Its reasons like that which always kept me believing that Europe will be the only real Diesel vehicle market. Its been part of the automotive make up for so long that little things like increased engine noise won't bother them. Plus its hard to pull out of a market that's already waiting with their wallets ready.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 02:45 PM

At least they have provided interested buyers with an AWD option, as I believed that was a make or break feature on this new wagon. Have they confirmed whether or not the wagon will feature a motorized sunroof? I know its been confirmed to come with a panoramic one. Weird for it to be an option on the saloon and not the wagon.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 03:18 PM

AWD in certain models are to be expected, especially a touring vehicle like a wagon. The added road grip would appeal to a great many other buyers, performing better in most normal snow conditions or for light-duty, off-pavement trips.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 11:46 AM

Yeah but for whatever reason a lot of newer vehicles have the AWD options restricted to the Euro models. Glad to see what isn't the case with the XF. I've driven a handful of RWD vehicles in the snow before and never had any issues, but those were equipped with LSD's.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whybrake View Post
Yeah but for whatever reason a lot of newer vehicles have the AWD options restricted to the Euro models. Glad to see what isn't the case with the XF. I've driven a handful of RWD vehicles in the snow before and never had any issues, but those were equipped with LSD's.
Even without LSD RWD cars be great in the winter. As long as you have a traction control system and good tires you'll be fine. As with any car you drive in winter, tires are the most important.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:48 AM

You don't have mine on your list. I have the 2.0 Petrol 300ps which is 296hp. Goes like a cheetah

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page