JLR finally adds Android Auto & Apple CarPlay support - Jaguar XF SportBrake Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

JLR finally adds Android Auto & Apple CarPlay support

One of the most widely criticized aspects of newer Jaguar products, is that their infotainment systems still lag behind rivals. The company will be responding to this critiques by updating its 2019 models. Moving forward certain Jaguar and Land Rover models will integrate properly with your cell phone. This is a caveat to this as the update will only work on cars equipped with JLR's InControl Touch Pro or Touch Pro Duo infotainment systems. Unfortunately 2018 models vehicles are out of luck, even if they have one of these systems according to reports.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 09:13 PM

As the I-Pace comes to market it'll be a great showcase for the new Andriod and Apple support systems. Something that could rub off on more lower end Jaguar models.

Soon after we should also be seeing Blackberry get a piece of the action, I just hope its more of an "executive grade" system.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 03:00 PM

This really sucks for owners of newer 2018 models and I don't see why JLR can't do some sort of retrofit. Even if they had to charge owners for this upgrade I'm sure the majority would have no problem with that. It's about time they address the aging tech in their vehicles.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Even Mazda has found a way to add this compatibility to their older models for just $199. This proves that JLR isn't building their platforms with future updates and revisions in mind.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whybrake View Post
This really sucks for owners of newer 2018 models and I don't see why JLR can't do some sort of retrofit. Even if they had to charge owners for this upgrade I'm sure the majority would have no problem with that. It's about time they address the aging tech in their vehicles.
No point when values of those models already took a hit. Rarely would a car maker go back to adjust, its only done when they've pre-commit, which JLR hasn't.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 01:56 PM

It's not something they would have to retrofit on every model, just those whose owners had an interest in it. Keeping customer satisfaction is really crucial for them with so few newcomers buying into the brand.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 11:07 AM

The wife's Astra has it as standard and it's a third of the price. I believe I can get it added to my Pro system but they charge 200 so I won't be bothering...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page