F Type as a shooting brake - Jaguar XF SportBrake Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

F Type as a shooting brake

Shooting brakes have always been an intriguing body style for car enthusiasts. Newer models are still very rare in the industry but there is something appealing to having a two door car with greater practicality. Rain Prisk just recently shared his rendering of an F Type Shooting Brake, which radically transforms the look of the car. Jaguar will never build it, but we have heard whispers of an electric variant for future F Type's.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 11:24 AM

Looks pretty cool, even if its something that we will never see get built. JLR really needs to make some aggressive changes to their lineup, because they just aren't staying relevant in an market that recognizes those who take a risk.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

I agree. If JLR continues to do more of the same, there is no foretelling just how much further their sales and market share will decline. I know that a Sportbrake isn't the solution as they are already having a tough time getting the XF off lots.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 07:20 PM

They have built special versions of other models, even the F-Type so its safe to say this may be on the table, especially as we step into a new F-Type generation.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 11:16 AM

If something like this did see production, my guess is that it would be Euro exclusive. I just don't think demand in NA is high enough to warrant yet another sporty estate.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 06:37 PM

Released globally in production numbers similar to the XE Project 8 would be ideal to start.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Wagons are slowly starting to gain more traction in the U.S and I think newer models like the Taycan Cross Turismo could serve as a vital turning point. I welcome any alternatives to more SUV's and crossovers.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagrawr View Post
Wagons are slowly starting to gain more traction in the U.S and I think newer models like the Taycan Cross Turismo could serve as a vital turning point. I welcome any alternatives to more SUV's and crossovers.
Apparently they want to release a vehicle smaller than the Panamera, called the Pajun. If true it might be another platform for an electric Porsche.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 11:42 AM

I like it and wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of their new models debut as EV's. You could argue that Arteon fastback follows a similar design.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page