Reviews coming in - Jaguar XF SportBrake Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Reviews coming in

It looks like some early reviews are coming out for the XF Sportbrake and for the most part they seem to be fairly positive. Most publications suggest that its a fantastic alternative to an SUV and that its of better value than what's packaged in the sedan model. Its noted for having an excellent powertrain and styling cues, but its infotainment systems and expensive options list, could use some improvement. It's only a matter of time to see if Jaguar has done enough to separate itself from the growing list of wagons.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 04:26 PM

There's really not much that publications can say that's bad about the XF Sportbrake due to the fact it does its job right. This was meant to be a GT-like wagon and with regular XF models already doing that it was an easy move to further translate that over to a wagon version.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Its been noted that the interior styling is still relatively dated, and that the infotainment system could use improvement. I think its lengthy and expensive options list, may have interested buyers leaning towards the baseline model.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 11:49 AM

Even the entry-level trim is very well equipped imo, even comes with Jaguar's Configurable Dynamics suite. Even comes with so many safety features including blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, fatigued-driver detection, automated emergency braking, parking assist, and lane-departure warning with lane-keeping assist.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointbrake View Post
Even the entry-level trim is very well equipped imo, even comes with Jaguar's Configurable Dynamics suite. Even comes with so many safety features including blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, fatigued-driver detection, automated emergency braking, parking assist, and lane-departure warning with lane-keeping assist.
the standard self-levelling air sprung rear suspension is a big perk to me because I use my wagons to run a lot of errands and often have friends/family it the rear seats, hated the sag my old 3 series wagon had in those situations.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 12:35 PM

Ah yes, the rear end sag when you have passengers and a fully loaded trunk ready for a fun day. Had that happen a few times and it felt so weird to drive an uneven car, worse when the engine just couldn't handle the extra weight and flooring it did nothing on the freeway. All sound and fury signifying nothing.
Shouldn't be a problem with the XF Sportbrake, though I assume there's a limit to how much the self-leveling air sprung rear suspension can handle.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointbrake View Post
Ah yes, the rear end sag when you have passengers and a fully loaded trunk ready for a fun day. Had that happen a few times and it felt so weird to drive an uneven car, worse when the engine just couldn't handle the extra weight and flooring it did nothing on the freeway. All sound and fury signifying nothing.
Shouldn't be a problem with the XF Sportbrake, though I assume there's a limit to how much the self-leveling air sprung rear suspension can handle.
Only time it will be a problem is if JLR doesn't engineer it right because then down the road we might come across problem with the system. Ranger Rovers have this issue even if just sitting still. Hopefully by now they have refined it enough. The British aren't exactly known for the most reliable cars but its the price we pay for some of the best features in this segment.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 01:04 PM

Autoblog does like the XF's performance, but the one thing that let them down compared to the original XF was it's interior. There used to be small things that made the vehicle fee unique like the rotary shifter that rose into your hand upon pressing the start button. Now those things are missing from the new XF Sportbrake.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 02:36 PM

I doubt Jaguar is concerned much about that.
The way I see it, this is a way to test how people will respond to seeing a Jaguar wagon. The information that provides them for the next generation XF is invaluable
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Well a next generation XF will most certainly have to see a cost reduction, because that isn't helping with sales when comparing it to key rivals such as the V90. Despite its decent standard tech and more than adequate powertrain, Jaguar may want to omit some features from the next generation base model.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page